A guarantee of a reliable welcome, service and comfort.
Completely overhauled in 2009, the new hotel rating system now has five categories, ranging from 1 to 5-star hotels. The criteria used to rate hotels are now more demanding, and concern facilities, services, handicapped access, and sustainable development. They are furthermore verified by independent auditors every five years. This new concept makes it easier for visitors to prepare their business or pleasure trips to France in full confidence by guaranteeing comfort and service equal to their desired level. Whatever the rating, the quality commitments of every hotel rated under the new system are straightforward:
• A welcome reception in a well-maintained establishment
• Complete and reliable information on services offered
• A concern to monitor customer satisfaction and deal with complaints
• A staff sensitive to the needs of handicapped guests and to sustainable development.
There are now two ways to identify and recognise a rated hotel.
Consult the ATOUT FRANCE website, which publishes the official, national list of hotels rated under the new system, or look for the sign on the front of the hotel.
Eight hotels in France earn the ‘Palace’ rating****. Four Paris hotels have been awarded the ‘grand hotel’ label dubbed Palace:
• Le Bristol, 112 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré
• Le Plaza Athénée, 25 avenue Montaigne
• Le Meurice, 228 rue Rivoli
• Le Park Hyatt Vendôme, 5 rue de la Paix.
Four others are located in the provinces:
• Les Airelles in Courchevel
• Le Cheval Blanc, also in Courchevel
• L’hôtel du Palais in Biarritz
• Le Grand Hôtel Cap Ferrat in Saint-Jean Cap Ferrat