The quality label
A holiday village is a holiday spot that combines accommodation with leisure activities and services in a pleasant setting. So as to take into account these three factors, the Loisirs de France classification system is three-fold. It rates the village’s leisure activities and services (blue), the site and setting (white) and the accommodation (red).
Leisure activities and services
Basic leisure activities and services Varied leisure activities and services Numerous and varied leisure activities and services
This key category takes into account the quality of the holiday village’s:
- welcome – reception staff and equipment, opening hours at the front desk;
- interior amenities – dining rooms (for half or full-board), activity rooms, game rooms, television rooms, living rooms, libraries, bars;
- exterior amenities – playgrounds, sports grounds, swimming pools, tennis courts, landscaping;
- organized activities for children and teenagers – number of clubs, opening hours, specialized equipment and qualified supervision;
- athletic, cultural and artistic activities for adults – number of daily/ weekly activities.
Site and setting
Limited advantages Varied advantages Numerous and varied advantages
This category considers the quality of the village’s environment.
It takes into account:
- the natural, cultural and athletic advantages;
- accessibility (motorway, road, train, coach, shuttle, etc.)
- proximity to shops and services.
Basic comfort, Comfortable, fully-equipped bathrooms Very comfortable, fully-equipped bathrooms
This category considers the quality of the family's accommodation.
It takes into account :
- the surface area;
- storage space;
- "private” outside areas (balcony, loggia, garden).