Loire Valley - Cookery recipe
• 4 egg whites
• 60g caster sugar
• 2 egg yolks
• 40g Cointreau
To grease the soufflé dishes:
• 30g melted butter
• 100g sugar
- Whisk the 2 egg yolks with 20g sugar until the mixture turns white.
- Add 40g Cointreau.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold in 40g sugar.
- Blend the two mixtures together.
- Add the mixture to the 4 soufflé dishes so that it's level with the top of the dish
- Cook for between 7 and 8 minutes in an oven heated to 190°C with no ventilation.
A Coteau du Layon Faye d’Anjou: elegant and concentrated, with notes of citrus and ripe fruit