Jura - Cookery recipe
Jura - Cookery recipe Jura fr
Bresse Chicken in a Vin Jaune and morel mushroom sauce
- 1 chicken (2kg)
- 50g dried morel mushrooms
- 1 glass of Vin Jaune (a wine from the Jura, similar to sherry)
- 50g butter
- Flavouring vegetables:
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- 1 bouquet garni
- The day before, soak the dried morel mushrooms in water. Change the water twice, then slice the mushrooms in two.
- De-bone the chicken and remove the 2 legs and 2 supremes (breasts with the top of the wing). Place in the fridge.
- Break the carcass into small pieces and prepare a chicken stock.
- Brown the bones in butter with the flavouring vegetables, then cover with water.
- Cook over a gentle heat for 1 hour, then strain.
- Take the chicken legs and breast out of the fridge and cut into pieces. Season with salt and pepper, then cook gently in butter until they begin to brown.
- Cover the chicken with stock and cream and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove the chicken from the liquid and keep warm. Reduce the sauce until it is thick enough to coat a spoon.
- Add the glass of Vin Jaune, place the chicken back in the pan, reheat and serve hot.
- Recommended wine for this dish: Savagnin or Vin Jaune, served at between 14°C and 16°C, and opened 12hr before serving.