Cognac - Cookery recipe
Cognac - Cookery recipe Cognac fr
Marinated scallops with Ile-de-Ré salt, pistou sauce and chilled V.S.O.P. Cognac.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 12 fresh scallops
- 1 bunch of basil
- 50g caviar
- 400g fennel
- 2 unwaxed yellow lemons
- 200g lambs' lettuce
- 1 teaspoon Ile de Ré best quality unrefined salt
- Ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- 12cl Cognac (placed in the fridge 24hr before using)
- 2dl olive oil
- Cut the scallops into 2mm pieces.
- Peel the lemons with a vegetable peeler, then cook the lemon peel in boiling water for 5min.
- Leave to cool then repeat 3 times (this will remove the bitterness from the peel).
- Cook the lemon peel with the caster sugar, table salt and 1 glass of water over a low heat for 1 hour. Drain and leave to cool.
- Braise the fennel in a little olive oil in a covered pan for around 10 minutes until it forms a compote. Leave to cool.
- To make the pistou sauce:
- Mix the basil, juice of 2 lemons, and olive oil together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir for 5 minutes.
- Place the lambs' lettuce on the bottom of 4 plates in a corolla shape, then spread the fennel on top. Place the scallops on top of the fennel, coat with the pistou sauce, strips of candied lemon peel and caviar.
- Season with the ground pepper and Ile de Ré salt, then sprinkle with sprigs of chervil.
- Recipe by Thierry Verrat - La Ribaudière restaurant, Bourg-Charente.