10 unmissable highlights on the Mediterranean coast
1. Discover the collections of the Musée Fabre in Montpellier, a museum which first opened almost 200 years ago!
2. Journey along the Provence and Languedoc Roussillon wine routes to discover the region’s variety of world-famous wines, enjoying tastings and cookery classes to a backdrop of bastides and stunning landscapes.
3. Visit the Villa Noailles in Hyères, a temple of modern architecture which hosts the annual International Fashion and Photography Festival.
5. Immerse yourself in the Musée Océanographique in Monaco, rising impressively above the principality on one side and out to sea on the other.
6. Delve deep into the heart of the calanques around Cassis, which in 2012 will become the first peri-urban national park in Europe.
7. Explore the Parc Naturel Régional de la Camargue, a UNESCO-listed biosphere reserve.
8. Spend a day on the Canal du Midi, listed at World Heritage of Humanity!
9. Follow in the footsteps of your favourite stars and gaze in admiration at the yachts moored in the port of Saint-Tropez!
10. Climb the Notre Dame de la Garde basilica in Marseille, the guardian and protector of the city, from where you can enjoy the spectacular view over the Vieux Port.