Barrière Golf Course in Deauville
Found on Mount Canisy, 4km from Deauville, this golf course overlooks the town and offers a stunning, unique view of the sea and surrounding countryside of Normandy.
The course is a terrain of 222 acres which, during the First World War, was an army base for British troops.
Barriere de Deauville offers two courses:
- The Red and White Course (18 holes | 5951m | Par 71)
Located just 3 minutes from the famous seaside resort, this course invites contemplation: sea and mountain come together to provide an exceptional golfing experience.
The required technical level is high enough to satisfy even the most experienced of players.
- The Blue Course (9 holes | 3035m | Par 36)
Designed by the famous architects Simpson and Cotton, this extremely technical course is characterised by its green speed, and the number of bunkers raise the bar even higher.
- A club house open 7 days a week throughout the year
- 40 practice bays, 22 covered, and 6 on the grass
- A putting green
- A training bunker
- An approach green
- 35 golf carts
- The Barriere Golf Club Hotel
- Pierre et Vacances l’Orée
- Normandy Barriere and Royal Barriere de Deauville
Other activities nearby
Les Festivales du Cinéma Américain (Festivals of American Cinema, first 2 weeks of September) and that of Asian Cinema (at the end of winter) are a cultural hotspot for Deauville.
The town is also a great place for shopping, polo and casino games.
A visit to the coastal towns of Honfleur and Cabourg is highly recommended.
Honfleur follows the footsteps of the Impressionists, while Cabourg evokes the work of the writer Marcel Proust.
When to visit?
From 15th March to 15th November, open 7 days a week, and in summer from 8am to 8pm.
From the 16th November to the 14th March, open 5 days a week (for the 2015 season, the closing days have not yet been decided)
- 1.2 miles from Trouville/Deauville station
- 6.2 miles from the International Airport of Deauville Normandy
- 8 miles from the autoroute A13.
Golf Barrière de Deauville
Le mont Canisy – BP 63500 Saint-Arnoult
Tél. : +33 (0)2 31 14 24 00
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org