Following on from Bombsayers de Lille, Europe XXL and Fantastic, dive into the heart of the town of pure RENAISSANCE!
Opening up to the world, artistic exchanges and technologies: RENAISSANCE, the latest and greatest edition of lille3000, aims to showcase the energy of today’s world by means of:
- Large exhibitions
- A parade
- Urban transformation of the Tripostal, the Saint-Sauveur station and in numerous partnered cultural locations (the Palais des Beaux-Arts in Lille and the Folies houses),
- Invasions of the “renaissance” cities (Rio, Detroit, Eindhoven, Seoul and Phnom Penh),
- Shows, Do It Yourself, lights, design, food, debates and never-before-seen events...
Just like the Renaissance that happened in 16th Century Europe, a renovation of all areas linked to the development of trade, we are living in the restless 21st Century.
It’s this constant progress that is creating a new world before us: gaining a better understanding of our planet, faster invention and innovation, real-time internet access, new ways of thinking about the world, creating future cities and metropolises.
This major transformation is coupled with a multitude of movements that create new forms and expressions of art (new materials, new ways to perceive art, hybridisation, public and shared systems, method of participatory development works, environmental installations, recycling of ideas and materials, numerical works, digitalisation, phone apps...)
It is this momentum that RENAISSANCE will aim to capture.
European, French, Euro-Metropolitan and Lille-ian artists (and experiences from across the globe) will come to meet the public with an open and joyful spirit.
- Detroit at Saint Sauveur Station, Lille
- Rio at the "Maison Folie" in the Wazemmes district*
- Eindhoven at the "Maison Folie" in the Moulins district*
10€ Day Pass - Unlimited Public Transport Travel (metro, bus, tram) and access to the following exhibitions:
- Séoul, vite, vite ! at Tripostal (English: Seoul, quick, quick!)
- Tu dois changer ta vie ! at Tripostal (English: You must change your life!)
- Phnom Penh at the Hospice Comtesse Museum
- Textifood at the National History Museum of Lille
*The maisons folies are a series of buildings that have been converted into exhibition centres following the demand and success generated from Lille being selected as the European Capital of Culture in 2004. The two maisons folies found in Lille and used for this event are Maison Folie Moulins and Maison Folie Wazemmes.