FOOD at the MuCEM
Temporary exhibition- MUCEM J4 - (850 M2) From 22 October 2014 to 23 February 2015
Artists and filmmakers from five continents present the fruits of their labours on a variety of issues directly or indirectly related to food: the consequences of climate change, the poisoning of agricultural products, disparities in the food distribution, soil conservation, food choices, the symbolic and political dimensions of food... Their work will establish a dialogue with objects chosen from the collections of the MuCEM.
This traveling exhibition is designed in partnership with the non-governmental organisation, Art For The World.
J4 and Fort Saint-Jean
Every day except Tuesday from 11am to 7pm in summer and 11am to 6pm in winter.
Late opening on Fridays until 10pm.
Centre for conservation and resources opening days and times
- Open access exhibition from Monday to Friday 9am to 12.30pm and from 2pm to 5pm, every half hour from 9am, on presentation of a valid ID.
- Tour of the show apartment by appointment every first Monday of the month, from 2pm to 5pm.
- The books and archives reading room is open from September 2013, with free access from Monday to Friday from 2pm to 5pm and by appointment from Monday to Friday from 9am to 12.30pm.
- Consultation of collections by appointment from September 2013 Monday to Friday, 9am to 12.30pm and from 2pm to 5pm.
Closed on weekends and public holidays.
Musée des civilisations de l’Europe et de la Méditerranée
7, promenade Robert Laffont(esplanade du J4)
Admission fees and rates
- Permanent and temporary exhibitions
MuCEM full price ticket €8 / concessions €5
Family ticket €12 (valid for 2 adults and up to 5 children)