Fête de la Gastronomie 2015
3-Star Michelin chef Anne-Sophie Pic, is the featured guest of the 5th annual Fete de la Gastronomie in France. This event celebrates the products and 'Savoir Faire' unique to French gastronomy, giving participants the opportunity to mingle with fellow chefs and fellow food-lovers alike.
What is the theme for 2015? "Creativity and Daring." These two qualities permit French gastronmy to maintain its original expression, while simultaneously exploring new and innovative techniques. To celebrate this year's theme, Chef Pic has created original recipes for "creative tartines" (tartine being a type of French open-faced sandwich), exclusively for the Fete de la Gastronomie!
This festival is a unique way to celebrate French gastronomical heritage through fun and friendly activities for everyone: banquets, picnics, tastings, restaurant and farm visits, expositions, conferences, and street fairs!
This year, a group of talented female chefs from everywhere in France will be sharing their creative and daring recipes with us.Each will create a recipe using produce from their region and seasonal products, in order to promote local produce and celebrate our artisans, and to encourage people to eat fresh, low-cost food. Each creation will be based on what the chefs have discovered and learned – a real showcase of their skills.At a maximum cost of 7 euros per person, the recipes will be easily affordable for all. The recipes can be downloaded from the Fête's website.
Join the Fête in France September 25, 26, and 27!
Food festivals will take place in several towns all around France :
- Rennes once again hosts the "Festival Gourmand" with demonstrations and contests featuring both chefs and food producers taking place at the Marché des Lices.
- Strasbourg, Colmar and Mulhouse, in Alsace, will organize street fairs and special meet and greets with master restaurateurs.
- In Limoges, le Festival Toques et Porcelaine celebrates the art of table setting and porcelain design, as well as high-end cuisine.
- Along the banks of the Seine River, discover not only « Weekend saveurs et couleurs culinaires » in Rouen, but also tastings, picnics, and local markets in l'Eure, des Yvelines et du Val d’Oise.
- The Bouches du Rhône department offers numerous events in St Rémy de Provence, Aix en Provence and Aubagne with the « banquet 1900 », and also the "Vendages étoilées" wine harvesting festival in Cassis.
- Gastronomy in the Camargue area will be honored at the 'Marais du Vigueirat' feauturing local markets and great family-friendly activities for kids.
- Dole (in Jura) will organize food walks to highlight their gastronomical history
- The Burgundy region will feature the « Fantastic Picnic » in unique settings : châteaux, vineyards, windmills, abbeys…