Rendez-vous in Versailles
The Sun King's favourite
Versailles was created in its entirety by the express will of Louis XIV three centuries ago. Today it remains a historical and artistic treasure unique in the world. After your tour of the famous château in its 800 hectares/8 km² of grounds, with the Petit, the Grand Trianon and the Royal Kitchen Garden, head off to explore the town.
- The national estate of Versailles : a sumptuous ensemble wich includes the Palace of Versailles, the Trianon Palaces, Marie-Antoinette 's Estate, André Le Notre's French gardens and the Park.
- The Lambinet Museum
- The Academy of equestrian Arts
- The Montansier Theater
- The Real Tennis Court
- The Versailles's Market
- The antique dealers, experts and art galleries
- The Royal Kitchen Garden
- The Osmothèque: conservation Museum for the perfumes
Discover Versailles and its history by following the stone markers spread almost everywhere along the city's street.
- The Grand Musical Fountain displays: Saturdays and Sundays from April to October, and for the Musical gardens Tuesdays from April to May and from July to october
- The Grand Fountain night show: every Saturdays from June to September
- Hidden Treasures: in May
- Molière festival: throughout June
Coming to Versailles
- 3 train stations : for Paris 7 j/7 every 15 min.
- Airports: Roissy-CDG and Orly.
- Parking for car and bus on the "place d’Armes" in front of the Palace.
- By car : A13, dite « de Normandie » (20km/18,5 miles from Paris).