Rendez-vous at the Towers of Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris
Unique views from the Île de la Cité, the heart of Paris.
A visit of the Towers of Notre Dame de Paris, built from 1160 in the Flamboyant Gothic style, gives visitors a close-up view of the Cathedral's flying buttresses, spires and roofs. Gargoyles and chimeras adorn the outer gallery of the North Tower with its ribbed vaulting and spiral staircase, while the South Tower houses the belfry and Emmanuel, the great bourdonbell.
The upper gallery provides magnificent views of Paris, the Seine and the succession of bridges across the river.
The Cathedral was designated world heritage site by UNESCO.
- Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet:
French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian
• Reservation required 1 month before (direct access, necessary to arrive 15 min before)
Duration: 45 min
- Lecture tour:
• Reservations tel: +33 (0)1 44 54 19 30 -
Duration: 1 hr 30 min
- Best times to visit:
In the evening during summer.
In the morning from Tuesday to Friday.
For safety reasons, parts of the tour may be temporary closed in the event of adverse weather conditions.
- Central Paris: access by the northern tower, at the left side of the Cathedral’s front
- Metro: line 4, station Cité or line 1, station Hôtel de Ville
- RER C, station Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame
Tours de la cathédrale Notre-Dame
Rue du cloître Notre-Dame