This resort became fashionable at the turn of the twentieth century. Throughout its six beaches, Saint-Raphaël offers every type of watersport, and houses the first diving centre ever created in France. A boat trip to the Îles d’Hyères should be on your list of places to see. A number of outdoor activities in the nearby Esterel moutains are also available.
Situated at the foot of the superb Massif de l’Estérel, Saint-Raphaël lies midway between Cannes and Saint-Tropez (38km) on the Mediterranean coast. Thanks to its stunning natural landscapes, wide range of cultural, nautical and outdoor activities, plus numerous festivals and events, Saint-Raphaël is a popular destination throughout the year.
- The old town and its Provençal markets
- The Île d’Or
- The majestic 20km-long coast road known as the Corniche d’Or
- The Massif de l’Estérel
- The Rade d’Agay, a natural harbour in the Estérel mountains
- 45min from Nice Côte d’Azur airport
- 1hr from Toulon-Hyères airport
- 1hr 30min from Marseille airport
By train: daily connections via 20 high-speed train services (TGV Méditerranée)
By car: 5km from exit 38 (Fréjus/Saint-Raphaël) off the A8 Autoroute du Soleil
Saint-Raphaël Tourist Office
99 Quai Albert 1er - BP 210
83702 SAINT RAPHAEL Cedex
Tél : 04 94 19 52 52 - Fax : 04 94 19 52 54