Rendez-vous in Porto-Vecchio
What makes Porto-Vecchio an extraordinary place is its unique location between the sea and mountains, in fact just a few minutes by car will take visitors from the most beautiful beaches in southern Europe, to the stunning mountains of Corsica.
The Upper Town, surrounded by its picturesque ramparts, is especially attractive during summer days, when tourists can take advantage of its panoramic views across the Gulf of Porto- Vecchio, and its salt flats.
Its privileged location between sea and mountains makes Porto-Vecchio a unique place to discover, a beautiful and welcoming city.
Places to visit
- The Church of St. John the Baptist, and the Chapel of Santa Cruci
- The Marina
- The Chiappa Lighthouse
- Santa Giulia beach
- The cove of Rondinara
- The prehistoric Castle of Arraggio
- A walk in the heart of the Ospedale Forest
- Archaeological Sites of Cucuruzzu and Capula in Levie
- The peaks of Bavella
Not to be missed
- The guided tours of the fortress
- A cruise to the Lavezzi Islands
- A jet skiing excursion towards the Cerbicale islands
- A canyoning adventure in the Bavella Massif
- Scuba diving in a natural reserve
- A hiking trail on the Mare a Mare Sud
- Discovering local flavors
- A Corsican traditional songs concert
- By sea :
Corsica is linked to the habours of , and Toulon (France), and also Livourne, Savone, Cività Vecchia (Italy) et Santa Teresa (Sardania).
- By air :
Located just twenty minutes from Porto-Vecchio, Figari Sud Corse Airport provides daily flights to Nice, Marseille and Paris (Orly). It also ensures weekly flights with main European cities.
Contacts : 04 95 71 10 10
Other Corsican airports :
AJACCIO : 04 95 23 56 56
BASTIA : 04 95 54 54 54
CALVI : 04 95 65 88 88
Municipal Tourist Office
Rue Général Leclerc
Tel : 0033 (0) 495 700 958
Fax : 0033 (0) 495 700 372
Opening hours :
During the period of greatest attendance the office is open every day from 9am to 8pm
From October to April it is open from Monday to Friday from 9am to 12pm, and from 2pm to 8pm.