Rendez-vous at the Panoramique des Dômes
The Panoramique des Dômes: journey at the top of the Volcanoes.
The Panoramique des Dômes electric rack railway takes you on a journey to the top of the Chaîne des Puys, and a landscape with constantly-changing colours and lights.
Come and experience this imposing natural location which is listed as a “Grand Site de France”, and which has undergone a refurbishment with preservation as its top priority. In the heart of the Parc Naturel Régional des Volcans d’Auvergne, the Puy de Dôme can now be visited throughout the year, with all sorts of activities available for people of all ages, including discovery areas, the Temple of Mercury, walks to the summit, two shops and a 360° panoramic viewpoint indicator.
There are also food options, according to your appetite and budget:
- Le Bacou snack bar serves fast food at the Maison de Site, at the departure station.
- At the top, Le Bousset bar/brasserie/cafeteria and the “1911” fine dining restaurant with its panoramic terrace are open every day.
Maison de Site, at the foot of the Puy de Dôme
- A reception and information desk
- L’Espace Puy-de-Dôme* (discovering the Puy-de-Dôme department)
- L’Espace Voyage au sommet des Volcans* (discovering the volcano and train)
- Le Bacou snack bar
- A shop
At the top of the volcano
- Fantastic 360° views
- Remains of the Temple of Mercury (2nd century AD.)
- 3 discovery trails: Le Chemin des Pèlerins, Le Chemin des Conquérants and Le Chemin des Curieux
- 3 information and scenography areas with the “Grand Site de France®” Area, the Temple of Mercury Area and the picnic room*
- Le Bousset bar/café (with panoramic terrace)
- Le 1911 fine dining restaurant (with panoramic views)
- Free entertainment and discovery programme throughout the year
- A shop
*All these areas are free of charge and open to all.
The Puy de Dôme rack railway
La Font de l’Arbre
63 870 Orcines
Information: 0 826 399 615