Rendez vous in Moulins
Visit the town of Moulins
Moulins was the capital city of the Bourbon duchy and is located in the north of the Auvergne region, in the Allier department. This French town of art and history is nestled next to the Allier River and its old districts still have preserved their beautiful aura.
Not to be missed
- The National Stage Costume Center, which is dedicated to the heritage of live entertainment and is home to over 10,000 stage costumes. Two temporary exhibitions are displayed each year.
- The Mantin Mansion, which has been closed for 100 years in order to preserve it and later show the world how a rich bourgeois of the 19th century used to live.
- The Notre Dame de Moulins cathedral and its triptych of the Master of Moulins.
- The Anne de Beaujeu museum, housed in the Renaissance pavilion of the Bourbon ducal palace displays the history of the Bourbon dukes.
- The Museum of Illustration, opened in 2005 and which is dedicated to book illustrations, from the 19th century up to nowadays.
The Moulins Citypass
The citypass is ideal to discover Moulins as it enables the visitor to access 9 major sites of Moulins and its surroundings. You can get the citypass at the tourist office in Moulins and benefit from gifts and discounts when visiting local partners.
Moulins is easily accessible and is situated on the N7 road, the famous French "holiday road".
From Lyon: motorway A6 driving north, take the Mâcon sud exit, and then the N79 road in direction of Bordeaux
From Paris: motorway A6, then motorway A77 and N7 road from Nevers.
2 and half hour from Paris or Lyon
1 hour from Clermont-Ferrand
One and a half hour drive from the Clermont-Ferrand international airport
Office de tourisme de Moulins et sa région
11 rue François Péron
Tel: +33 (0)4 70 44 14 14