Rendez-vous at the Megalithic site of Locmariaquer, Table des marchands
Major site of the Armorican Neolithic gathering three monuments
This Neolithic site features three large megaliths which have become symbols of Brittany: the Grand Menhir brisé, the Dolmen de la Table des Marchands and the Tumulus d'Er Grah de Locmariaquer, dating back to between 4700 and 3800 BC. The Grand Menhir Brisé is a huge, broken granite block and is the largest known stele in Europe. The Tumulus d’Er-Grah and the Dolmen de la Table des Marchands provide an exceptional insight into the ancient funeral rites practised in Brittany at the time. A gallery leads to the underground burial chamber and some of the walls have been engraved with hieroglyphics.
The tour is an ideal introduction to the architecture and civilisation of the megalithic age, in a stunning natural environment with superb views of the Golfe du Morbihan.
- Monument accessible to people with reduced mobility
- Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet: French, German, English, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Breton, Czech
- Guided tour: French (all year), foreign languages (please contact us)
- Lecture tour: French (all year), English, German, Spanish (please contact us)
- Mediation tools for disabled people
N165 Vannes-Quimper, exit on to D28 then D781 La Trinité sur Mer, Crac’h, Locmariaquer; follow the signs “Site des Mégalithes”
Site des mégalithes de Locmariaquer
Route de Kerlogonan
Tel: +33 (0)2 97 57 37 59