As well as being the main seaport for Paris and centrally positioned for visiting Normandy, Le Havre offers something for every visitor, whatever your
Make the most of your stop in this many-faceted maritime metropolis by exploring the seaside resort of Sainte-Adresse, soaking up the medieval atmosphere of Harfleur and Montivilliers, thinking green thoughts in the green setting of the Hanging Gardens, learning about the Le Havre's sea trade tradition in the Shipowner's House, or admiring the modern architecture that earned Le Havre a place on UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites − if you can resist the lure of the beach and seafront promenade with their inviting café terraces.
The maritime metropolis of Le Havre − a stop you'll want to come back to!
- Jacques Vabre Transatlantic Race (October - Odd years): departure of monohulls and multihulls.
- Fête de la Scie - Medieval event (end of March - beginning of April - Harfleur): medieval celebration in the city centre of Harfleur
- Exhibition on the beach huts (from May to September - Le Havre): exhibition on the beach huts all along the seafront promenade
- Dixie days (end of May - Sainte-Adresse): Jazz festival along the beach
- Les Z'estivales (from the beginning of July to the end of August): every weekend, on the beach in Le Havre: events, street art, gigs, open air circus shows, wandering shows, workshops ...
- Corsiflor (the third Sunday of August): procession of flower-decked floats in the streets of the city centre of Le Havre.
- Sea Festival (first Weekend of september): events and celebration revolving around one theme: the Sea. In the neighbourhood of Le Havre: Saint François.
- MuMa Exhibitions : several exhibitions in the Musée d'Art moderne André Malraux the first impressionist collection of France outside Paris
Come to Le Havre
- By car: Paris (A13), Amiens (A29).
- By train: Paris (2h).
- By plane: Le Havre airport, Deauville airport (42 km), Beauvais airport (170 km) ; Paris airports (Orly 205 km - Roissy 215 km).
- By boat: Le Havre - Portsmouth
Office de Tourisme du Havre
186 boulevard Clemenceau
76059 Le Havre Cedex - France
Tél.: 00 (33)2 32 74 04 04 - Fax: 00 (33)2 35 42 38 39