Guillestre - Queyras Regional Nature Park, an EDEN destination
Guillestre, the gateway to the Queyras Regional Park, is a 100% natural destination for all the family!
Ideally positioned in between the Queyras Regional Park and the Ecrins National Park, Guillestre will surprise you with its vibrancy and its quirky entertainments that are on offer all year round thanks to an original concept known as Ateliers Consom’acteurs. It is a tourist destination par excellence and a winner at the EDEN 2015 competition.
Unique treasures to be discovered
- The fortified square at Mont-Dauphin,UNESCO World Heritage site.
- The hot water springs at Plan de Phazy (27°) and their water basins have healing properties that protect against rheumatic, hepatic and renal afflictions, as well as being beneficial to the skin.
- The kingdom of running water, at the confluence of the Guil and Durance Rivers, 2 emblematic waterways of the Alps
- The trails around Queyras Regional Park, including the GR58, and the MAB Unesco Biosphere Reserve
- Original & innovative tourist attractions.
Guillestre also offers you a unique way to discover the mountains, thanks to Ateliers Consom'Acteurs. The producers and artisans of the Guillestrois and its surroundings open their doors to you, revealing the secrets of their crafts: cheese moulding, milking the cows and feeding the calves, milking the goats and feeding the kids, honey, natural cosmetics, gathering and cooking with mountain plants, bobbin lacemaking, wood sculpture...More than 30 original workshops are available throughout the entire year.
If you are coming with the family and you have younger children, you are sure to appreciate the «Baby friendly» label accommodation sites that adhere to a very precise code of practice and provide childcare facilities, as well as other services for kids on request that make all the difference!
The « Potes de marmoT’s » Festival, the biggest festival for young people in the Hautes-Alpes, runs for 3 days during the month of August and offers a high-quality selection of shows for young people. This event will make a lasting impression on your children!
- By car: from Marseille A51 motorway, then D942 and RN94 - from Paris/Lyon and Grenoble: RN85
or RN91 then RN94.
- By train: Mont-Dauphin station - TGV station at Oulx (1h30 from Guillestre).
- Airport: Marseille Provence Airport (238 km) - Turin Caselle Airport (155 km) - Grenoble Isère Airport (192 km)
- By bus: SCAL/05 Voyageurs and LER regional and inter-departmental lines- free shuttle bus in winter linking Guillestre with Risoul, Vars and Ceillac stations.