Rendez-vous to Guédelon, a castle in the making
Deep in a secluded woodland, an abandoned quarry reveals a landscape seemingly untouched for a thousand years. Out of this wood and stone, using 13th century building techniques, a castle is being created.
Guédelon is a castle in the making. You will be transported back in time to a medieval construction site and meet the team of castle builders: quarrymen, stonemasons, woodcutters, tile makers, carpenters, blacksmiths, basket makers, rope makers, carters, and their horses.
In 2013, the team will continue building the chamber on the great tower’s second floor, as well as continuing work on the two corner towers.
- 40min from Auxerre (D 965)
- 2h from Paris (A6, then A77 sortie/exit N° 21)
- 1h45 from Orléans (N60)
- 1h10 from Nevers (A77 sortie/exit N°22)
- 2h30 from Dijon (A6 sortie/exit N°20, Auxerre Sud)
- Cosne sur Loire train station - 58200 (Paris - Nevers): 26km (~16 miles) from Guédelon
- Joigny train station - 89300 (Paris - Dijon) 55km (~34 miles) from Guédelon
***There is no bus between those stations and Guédelon***
Paris - Orly Airport
Guédelon, Chantier Médiéval
D 955 – 89520 Treigny
Tel : 00 33 (0)3 86 45 66 66