George Sand and her famous guests
George Sand’s house in Berry Province was built at the end of the XVIII century. The great woman writer spent her childhood at Nohant and wrote most of her works in the house, which retains the original furniture and decor.
Site with the "Outstanding Garden" label.
- Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet of the garden: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Polish
- Guided tour of the house: French
• Reservations: 1 month
Duration: 45 min
- Free entrance to the garden and puppets exhibition
- Main road between Tours and Clermont-Ferrand, 5 km to the north of La Châtre
- From Châteauroux or Montluçon: D943
Maison de George Sand