Rendez-vous at the Conciergerie
On the Île de la Cité, superb halls from the former royal palace and the prisons of the Revolutionary Tribunal.
The present monument forms only a part of the former palace of the Capetian dynasty. Charles V ceased using the palace in the 14th century and decided to house his law courts here. The Concierge, or keeper, was appointed by the king and was responsible for policing within the palace walls.
At the end of the 18th century, many prisoners detained by the Revolutionary Tribunal were held in the Conciergerie, including Marie-Antoinette.
Designated world heritage site by UNESCO.
- Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Polish
• Duration: from 30 min to 2 hrs
- Lecture tour: French, English
• Reservations: tel.: +33 (0)1 44 54 19 30
Duration: 1 hr 30 min
- Slide show: Slide show display with English and Spanish subtitles
- Prestigious visit outside standard opening hours
• Reservation required
- Central Paris: Near Sainte-Chapelle and Notre-Dame-de-Paris Cathedral
- Metro: Châtelet, Saint-Michel, Cité
- RER A, B, D: Châtelet-les-Halles,
- RER B, C: Saint-Michel, Notre-Dame
2, boulevard du Palais