Rendez-vous at the Château of Carrouges
The charms of a home in the countryside
The Château de Carrouges in Normandy remained in the ownership of a single family from its construction until 1936.
Steeped in history, it features a superb collection of furniture from the Renaissance to the early 19th century and has retained all the charms of a family residence with portraits of the successive generations of the Le Veneur family.
Carrouges is remarkable for its long, pale brick walls, steep slate roofs and granite window and door frames. It stands in 10 hectares of carefully tended grounds with gardens, flowering borders and impeccable terraces.
- Outdoor areas accessible to people with reduced mobility
- Wheelchairs available
- Guided tour: French, English (upon request) - Reservations: 8 days
- Guide booklet: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Polish
- Garden tour: French (Reservations)
- 11 km north of the Chartres Le Mont-Saint-Michel main road and 26 km from the Caen/Le Mans main road
- 39 km east of Domfront
- 25 km east of Bagnoles-de-l’Orne
- From Alençon: exit 5 via D112, then RN12 Domfront to D909 Carrouges
Château de Carrouges
Tel: +33 (0)2 33 27 20 32 / +33 (0)2 33 31 16 42