Rendez-vous at the Château of Bussy-Rabutin
Illustration of the life of an aristocratic author in Burgundy during the reign of Louis XIV
The Château is set in a magnificent wooded valley and features a remarkable décor created by Roger de Rabutin, Comte de Bussy. Cousin of Madame de Sévigné and author of the satirical chronicle of the love affairs of the court, Roger de Rabutin lived in exile in his burgundian Château where he wrote his memoirs of the Sun King. Mattos room, drawing-room of the great warriors, King’s gallery, portrait of the Kings mistresses and the golden tower are a splendid testament of a famous libertine.
Site with the "Illustrious Houses" label.
- Courtyard and gardens accessible to people with reduced mobility with assistance
- Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch (Reservations: 15 days)
- Guided tour: French (Reservations: 1 week)
- Tour with-a-difference 19th century apartments “Sarcus wing”: French (Reservations: 1 month)
- 27 km east of the Paris /Beaune motorway (A6) 55 km north-west of Dijon
- From Paris or Beaune: A6, exit Semur-en-Auxois, D980 to Semur-en-Auxois, then D954
- From Dijon: RN71, Troyes to the D21, then D954
Château de Bussy-Rabutin