Barrière Golf Course in Saint-Julien
Here is a golf course designed in the best of British tradition.
Two winding courses at the mercy of lake water-hazards, and lifted by the soft hills of the wooded countryside.
The Normandy wooded countryside, covered in green and filled with apple trees and decorated with half-timbered farmhouses, has two exceptional golf courses of 9 and 18 holes spanning 222 acres:
- The parcours du Bocage (woodland course: 9 holes | 2275m | Par 33) is perfect for beginner and intermediate players. The small amount of rough is good for practice.
- The 18 holes, Le Vallon (6035 | Par 72) overlooks the entire Touques valley. A sight for sore eyes… and a haven for seasoned golfers thanks to several birdie opportunities.
If you think the first course is easy, the same definitely cannot be said for the back nine. Holes 12, 13, 14, and 18 certainly have some surprises in store...
- The Barriere Golf Club Hotel in Deauville (4 star)
- The Normandy Barriere Hotel in Deauville (5 stars)
- Royal Barriere Hotel in Deauville (5 stars)
Other activities nearby
Visit the villages of Beauvron-en-Auge (one of the most beautiful villages in France), Beaumont-en-Auge and Blangy-le-Château, with typical Normand wooded countryside.
- By car
From Paris via autoroute A13, exit Pont-l’Evêque (around one and a half hours)
- By train
The Pont-l’Evêque SNCF Station (around one and a half hours from Paris) – 5 minutes from the golf course
- By plane
10 minutes from the Deauville Saint-Gatien airport.
Golf Barrière de Saint Julien
Tel: +33 (0)2 31 64 30 30