Rendez-vous at the Abbey of Montmajour
The “Abbey of Montmajour” reveals 8 centuries of monastic life
This exceptional architectural ensemble was built in the Middle Ages on the island of Mont Majour. The Abbey incorporates a pre-Roman edifice from the 10th century, an abbey churchand a 12th century Roman cloister built by Benedictine monks.
Montmajour was extended in the 18th century with the second, monumental Saint-Maur monastery to the west.
- Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet : French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch
Reservations: 1 day
Duration: 1 hr
- Guided tour : French
Reservations: 1 month
Duration: 1 hr 15 min
- Photograph exhibition : International meeting about Arles’ photograph in July, August and September
During this event, admissions fees may be subject to a supplementary charge.
- Prestigious visit outside standard opening hours
- Between Lyon /Marseille and Lyon/Montpellier by Highway
- At 2 km from Arles, at 37 km from Avignon
Abbaye de Montmajour
Route de Fontvieille
Unaccompanied tour and guided tour reservations:
Tel: +33 (0)4 90 54 64 17