Rendez-vous at the Abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel
A unique site and architecture
The Benedictine Abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel is one of the most remarkable examples of mediaeval religious and military architecture and was one of Christianity's most important pilgrimage sites from the 8th to the 18th century.
The Abbey comprises a superb ensemble of clerical buildings including the abbey church, the cloister, the refectory, the monks' ambulatory and the gardens of what has been known as the "Merveille" (Marvel) since the 12th century.
In summer, the Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel is best seen in all its splendour after sunset during the special “sons et lumières" shows.
Designated world heritage site by UNESCO.
- Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet:
French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Polish
Duration: from 30 min to 1 hr 30 min
- Audio-guide tour:
French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese
- Duration: 1 hr 15 min
- Guided tour:
German, Italian, Spanish (in July and August)
Duration: 1 hr 15 min (tour at set time)
- Lecture tour:
Duration: 2 hrs
- Evening tour of the abbey:
July and August (subject to modification)
- Prestigious visit outside standard opening hours
- 9 km north of the Caen/Rennes and Caen/Saint-Malo main roads
22 km south-west of Avranche
9 km from Pontorson
- From Saint-Malo: exit 2 via D155 Pontorson along the coast road
- From Caen: exit 8 via RN175 Rennes to the D43 Le Mont Saint-Michel
Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel
50170 Le Mont-Saint-Michel