The "Palace" status
16 exceptional hotels have been awarded the prestigious "Palace" status:
- Hôtel du Palais – Biarritz
- Hôtel Les Airelles – Courchevel
- Hôtel Le Cheval Blanc – Courchevel
- Hôtel Le Bristol – Paris
- Four Seasons Hotel George V – Paris
- Hôtel Le Meurice – Paris
- Hôtel Le Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme – Paris
- Hôtel Le Plaza Athénée – Paris
- Hôtel Le Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat,a Four Seasons Hotel – Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
- - Ramatuelle
- - Saint-Tropez
- - Saint-Tropez
- Le Royal Monceau - Paris
- Shangri-La Hotel - Paris
- Mandarin Oriental - Paris
- Hôtel Le K2 - Courchevel
Established by the French Minister of Tourism in November 2010, the Distinction Palace is designed to award official recognition to the finest 5-star hotels. They must have exceptional qualities that embody French standards of excellence and contribute to enhancing the image of France throughout the world. It is also designed to increase the profile of these establishments, especially on the international scene.
The ministry of tourism awards the "Palace" distinction after the completion of a two phase process:
- an initial investigation phase conducted by ATOUT FRANCE based on objective eligibility criteria. These mandatory criteria include having the following available to guests: fitness area, spa, multilingual team, concierge service and more.
- an evaluation phase is conducted by an experienced panel, based on a set of assessment criteria including: location, appearance, history of the site, character of the establishment, involvement of staff in seeking excellence, gourmet restaurants, respectful environmental policy, and more.